Core Concepts: Chemistry
Database Grades 6–12
The third database in Rosen’s Core Concepts suite encourages students to explore the world around them from the subatomic level on up. Supporting STEM learning and the Next Generation Science Standards, this rich resource covers atoms, elements, chemical reactions, organic chemistry, biochemistry, the properties of matter, and more.
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Biographies and interactive timelines that
put discoveries and events in historical
- Content-creation projects to make videos,
multimedia presentations, podcasts, and
- Extensive footage, images, and diagrams–
including prize-winning student-created
- Interactive Chemical Reactions: Moving
Molecules activity, which explores the
science of chemical reactions
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Correlations to Next Gen Science and
Common Core standards, as well as national,
state, and provincial standards
- Instructional tools such as lesson plans,
assessments, enrichment activities, and Try
- Instant translation, text-to-speech, and text
highlighting, to support challenged readers
So rich in resources...with dozens of videos and tools to support challenged readers, it doesn't feel like a database at all...Core Concepts Chemistry is a breath of fresh air.
Highly accessible and packed with informative material presented in an unusually uncomplicated package.
—School Library Journal