Spotlight On Weather and Natural Disasters
12-Interactive eBook set Grades 3–8
How have scientists had an impact on the research, measurement, and prediction of weather?
Encourage readers to engage in scientific exploration! Learners will investigate Earth’s
water cycle, floods, erosion, and more. Diagrams, photographs, videos, and timelines lend a deeper understanding of weather, natural disasters, and the damage they can inflict.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Videos, photos, and maps that support integration and evaluation of content in various formats
- Biographies of key scientists with text at varied reading complexities
- Dynamic timelines that provide a sequence of events
- Primary sources including images of storm chasing equipment and more
- Inquiry and project-based learning activities
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Closed captioning for videos and actor-narrated audio ensure all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: correlated to national, state, and provincial science standards; Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core Learning Standards
- Continually updated: with key events and discoveries
- Easy Classroom integration: instructional materials by veteran educator Mary Ratzer focus on essential questions and inquiry-based learning to support the Next Generation Science Standards