Spotlight On Explorers and
12-Interactive eBook set Grades 5–10
What fueled European explorers to set out into the unknown?
From the Vikings to the Spanish conquistadors, Europeans were fascinated with exploration. European explorers brought their religions, customs, and even diseases with them to the New World. Learners will investigate the motivations, effects, and influences of European explorers on the New World and vice versa.
Responsive design automatically adjusts screen display to fit mobile device screen size in use.
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
Explorers and Colonization: Set 1
Christopher Columbus: Explorer and Colonizer of the New World
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Primary sources including documents, artwork, and letters
- Biographies of key figures that establish a sequence of events
- Videos, photos, maps, and charts to support the integration of visual information
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Actor-narrated audio to ensure that all learners succeed
- Easy classroom integration: correlated to national and state social studies standards; Common Core Standards in ELA and History/Social Studies
- Easy classroom integration: instructional materials by veteran educator Mary Ratzer focus on essential questions and inquiry-based learning to support the C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards