Spotlight On Coding and Computer Science
12-Interactive eBook set Grades 7–10
How is computer programming useful in everyday life?
This series explores the foundations of computer science and how computational thinking is used
in everyday life. Readers are introduced to some of the most popular programming languages and
learn why coding is one of the most important job skills of the future. The accompanying lessons and
activities provide deep instructional support with a focus on core concepts and core practices of the
new K–12 Computer Science Framework.
Google, Microsoft Office 365,
Clever, and LMS integration
Click on the cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook.
LEARNERS WILL EXPERIENCE…
- Videos and photos that support integration and evaluation of content in various formats
- Computational thinking through hands-on activities that teach important aspects of coding in an age-appropriate manner
- Biographies and career connections provide role models and inspiration
- Interactive Q&A that changes with each spread
EDUCATORS WILL APPRECIATE…
- Closed captioning for videos and actor-narrated audio ensure all learners succeed
- Curriculum connections: Correlations to the NEW K12 Computer Science Framework and ISTE Science Standards for students
- Continually updated: with key events and discoveries